Thursday, August 28, 2014

ABOUT ME


My name is Haruhi.
I’m from Japan and my major is English Language and Culture.
I was studying English as a sophomore in Japan.
This is my first entry. This time, I’m going to write about myself.

I like playing table tennis. I am a member of the table tennis team in Japan and I have played table tennis for about thirteen years. When I was an elementary school student, I practiced table tennis every day. It was so hard for me but it was a good experience for me to understand not to give up easily. Therefore, I am a little good at playing table tennis. I want to find some international friends who can enjoy playing table tennis with me!
Also, I like listening to music. My favorite kind of music is Korean popular music.  I’m from Japan, although, I prefer Korean popular music to Japanese popular music because I like the sounds and lyrics. I recommend listening to them.

When I was in Japan, I hardly had my free time because I had to go to school on weekdays and I worked at a hotel as a waitress. However, I usually sleep in my room or surf the Internet in my free time. In the weekend, I sometimes sleep for about ten or more hours. Aiso, I sometimes send a mail to my friend and play with them.  When I was in Japan, I went shopping and went to cafés to talk with them.

Two weeks have alredy passed since I left Japan. What I think about the U.S. so far is that everything is so big such as food, drink, clothes, living necessaries or others. After I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in U.S., I always become full.  In addition, the taste of food is stronger than those of Japanese food.  Maybe, the difference of food is the biggest problem for me.

My goal is improving my speaking English skill.  My weak point is speaking English. When I live in Japan, I speak English only in my classroom which means that I don’t have enough opportunities to speak English. Therefore, I try to speak English a lot to improve my skill. Also, I want to talk with many people in English here and make international friends.
My long term goal is to work at an international airport as a flight attendant. It is necessary for them to understand English which are spoken by various kinds of people and talk with them in English. I decided to come to this university and I ‘m studying English here to achieve my dream. I want to make the best use of this good opportunity to realize my dream.

1 comment: