Sunday, September 14, 2014

My home country

Today, I introduce about my home country, Japan.I was born in April 18th, 1994 in Japan and I had lived there for about 20 years. I don’t know what you think about Japan and what image you have of Japan. However, this time, I introduce about Japan from my point of view.

 Japan is an island country which is located in the northwest of the Pacific Ocean. The capital city is Tokyo and it is one of the biggest cities in the world which means it has so big population.


Most people who live in Japan are Japanese. Almost of the people speak Japanese as a mother tongue and people don’t speak English generally in their lives. All Japanese start studying English when they enter junior high school as a second language. 

Japanese is so different from English. Japanese has three letters which are hiragana, katakana and kanji. Both of hiragana and katakana have 46 words. Kanji  has over 50000 words. For example, はるひ, ハルヒand 春妃, all of them are read Haruhi and these mean my name. Also, each of kanji has a meaning. For instance, my name 春妃, 春 harumeans spring   hi and means a queen.

Japan has some traditional sports like sumo, kendo, judo, kyudo and karate. Sumo is popular among elderly people. On the other hand, sports which are popular in Japanese youngsters are baseball, soccer, volleyball and basketball. These clubs are also popular in junior high schools and high schools. 

Japanese principal food is rice and we usually eat rice with miso soup, fish, beef, pork, chicken, vegetables, every day. Also, we eat noodles and bread daily. 

an example of home-cooked meals

Sushi, tempura, udon, okonomiyaki, and takoyaki are Japanese popular foods. We sometimes eat these cuisines in the house or restaurant. You can eat some Japanese food at the restaurant which is located near WIU. I recommend that you try to eat them.


sushi

tempura

udon

okonomiyaki

 takoyaki



No comments:

Post a Comment