Sunday, September 28, 2014

The World Peace




September 21st was the International Day of Peace. Therefore, today, I’m going to write about war and peace. I think it will be a hard topic for me and also for everyone. 

These days, there are wars going on everywhere in the world and not only adults but also children go to battlefronts. A lot of people enlist the army and are being killed and injured in a battle. 

I’m sad and my heart aches when I think about this circumstance. On the one side we live well, even people who are younger than me are fighting on such dangerous places.   

I considered why wars break out all over the world. 

First, the world are consisted of a lot of countries and it has no government. Actually, it has the United Nations and the United Nations Security Council. However, it will be not easy to stop fighting and solve the problem between one country and the other because there is no system that concentrates power in such organization. Therefore, people don’t resolve the issues and the war break out.  

Second, some countries have long-term issues about territory, national border, and the independence of the regions and it causes a war. If one country try to seize the territory or violate a frontier countries will start a conflict. Also, a region try to gain the independence, people sometimes begin a battle against their country.  Most of these problems will keep for long time, in other words, it will be a historical problem and it is difficult to settle it. 

Third, some nations want more profit. For instance, they hope to have more military, territory and territorial seas and airspace. Perhaps, in the past, people fought to get more food to get out of the hunger. The desire which people would like to get something more would cause a lot of wars. 

Besides, wars are happened because of religions, punishment for other country, or protection against other country. 

Then, I wonder what we can do now. We should know about the disastrous of wars and learn history about wars. Also, we should learn about other countries and different cultures and understand the differences. I think if people try to understand different cultures and thinking and think about wars, the disastrous wars will decrease.

In Japan, most students visit Hiroshima and Nagasaki where had the dropping of atomic bombs or Okinawa where happened land wars about 70 years ago to learn about wars when they are elementary school students. I have learned the war and peace since I was a nursery school student. 

I don’t know how to be taught about wars in other countries. However, I have many friends who came from different countries, I like them, I want to understand their thought and keep being on friendly terms with them in the future. I hope that there will be no war all over the world and everyone lives in peace.






1 comment:

  1. I am on your side! I cannot fathom the reasons people feel it is okay to harm another human being. I had to read the book Hiroshima when I was in school and I cannot even imagine visiting the site, how awful. I did visit Dachau in Germany when I was studying in Italy and it was an incredibly sad day in my life. Let us continue to work for peace and understanding.

    ReplyDelete